My name is Mattia Capasso, I am Italian, living and working in London.
I am a freelance Production Assistant/Runner working in every aspect of visual video (Film, TV, commercial, corporate video, etc.).
I have a creative and well-tempered mind and good improvisation skills.
I am willing to undertake any task, putting all my energy in the role.
With a good understanding of the production process and set etiquette, I work well with other crew members and I have great communication skills.
Besides my main PA/Runner position, I also work part-time as Digital Projectionist at Pinewood Studios.
Plus, I have qualified as a Commercial Drone Operator and I own a DJI Sparks Drone, therefore I’m still developing my operational drone skills.
I had previous experiences working in customer service, orgainsing events and meeting and volunteering in various film festivals.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Fluent Italian and basic French.
- Cash handling
- Crowd control.
- British Red Cross First Aid (until December 2020).
- Experienced scuba diver.
- Drone owner: DJI Spark.
- PfCO Drone Licence.
- Basic Adobe: Photoshop and Premier Pro.
- Basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Certificate
Freelance Production Assistant
- Driving van or bus to transport crew, cast and equipment to location
- Assisting the directors with daily tasks
- Serving drinks, snacks and organizing lunch or dinner
- Managing budget for extra equipment or catering
- Assisting the art department when needed
- Loading props or equipment to location
- Working in a busy production: managing crew, answering phones
Position: Freelance Digital Projectionist
- Ingesting DCPs (Digital Cinema Package) and KDMs onto the servers
- Setting up AV for presentations
- Assisting in Dailies screenings
- Creating player lists for weekend cinema
- Reporting bookings for each cinema screening using the database programme Veezi
- Deliver a high standard of customer service and dealing with any enquiries customers may have
Position: SUA (Small Unmanned Aircraft) Pilot / Drone Pilot
- Aerial shooting taken from right angles and make sure to have nice frames
- Make sure the location area is suitable for operation
- Avoid incidends by keeping safe distance from people, building or veichle
- Be sure that my SUA (small unmaned aircraft) is functioning and take care about it
- Dealing with Air laws and zone restrictions
- Managing crowds by marking fences for security
- Make sure the area surrounded is safe and ready to fly
Pret A Manger
Position: Team Member
- Dealing with customers queries and complaints.
- Restocking and organizing product.
- Assisting tourists with directions.
Crussh Juice Bar
Position: Assistant Manager
- Managing orders, deliveries,
shift/rota and stocking.
- Serving healthy meals and
recommending drinks to
- Cash handling, making sure the till
is cashed up correctly at the end of a day.
- Serving and making coffee.
- Serving breakfast/lunch.
- Cleaning the area and
Position: Crew Member
- Setting and dismantling stage for events, festival or concerts
- Loading equipment from vehicle to locations and vice versa
- Assemble audio screen and projector
- Setting up PA (public address) systems and lighting
- Lifting and organising box trolley